Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Dance Rehearsal: Dreamer Has to Go

Barring sick kids (Jack has a cough) and bad weather (so far the forecast is good) I get to come up Thursday for another fun-filled dance rehearsal!  This time I'll be working with the Brothers on "The Dreamer Has to Go."  This is the second half of the "Joseph's Dreams" section, starting about 1:29 into to the track on my recording.  To be perfectly clear, I need in my rehearsal:
  • Michael
  • Chism
  • Sarah
  • Cameron H.
  • Cameron V.
  • Emily
  • Jackie
  • Matthew
  • Gillian
  • Sierra
  • Johnny
  • +Shaely as Dance Captain
The style of this piece is 1950s Broadway.  You'll be wearing white gloves in this number to highlight your hand work.  Here are some sample videos.

Bob Fosse himself in an uncredited cameo, dancing with his muse in Damn Yankees.



From Kiss Me Kate, starting at 2:34 (although the whole thing is fun)


This number is a bit different in style, but I can't resist a chance to share it with you.  Brilliant choreography.  How keen is that  ankle pronation sequence?  Love it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make sure you sign your comments so we know who you are!